Ask for help

Complaints, Compliments and Suggestions

Complaints, compliments and suggestions help us to improve so please give us your feedback.

Complaints, Compliments and Suggestions

Derwen aims to give you the best standards of service. We try to get it right first time, every time, but there may be occasions when you’re not happy with what we do.

We obviously hope you don’t have a need to complain, but to deal with those times when you don’t feel we’ve got it right for you, we have a complaints procedure. It’s fine to complain if you feel unhappy with something we’ve done or not done. We’ll always listen to what you have to say, treat your complaint seriously and look into it as soon as we can. We’ll also use your complaint to learn from any mistakes and to continue improving our service. Complaints can be a very helpful way to show us what we need to do better.

What is a complaint?

If you’re unhappy with the standard of service, action – or lack of action – by Derwen, it’s staff or contractors that we use, you can make a complaint. We really don’t mind you telling us that you’re unhappy, we’d much rather know.

Who can complain?

Complaints can come from one person, a group of people or an organisation who think they’ve been affected by something Derwen has done, or should have done. Complaints can also come from a friend, relative or someone else acting on your behalf, if that is easier for you.

How can you complain

If your complaint is of a general nature, we will usually try to resolve it as soon as possible on an informal basis. However, if this fails and you wish to make a more formal complaint then you can do so in the following ways:

In writing: Send a letter outlining your complaint

By telephone: Explain the nature of your complaint and a Customer Service Advisor will take the details or pass you to someone who can help. Call 01633 261990.

By e-mail: Send an e-mail outlining your complaint to info@derwencymru.co.uk

By visiting Derwen, Exchange House, High Street, Newport, NP20 1AA and speaking to a member of staff.

Via our website contact form

How is my complaint handled?

We will always try to deal with your complaint informally in the first instance. Our priority is to put something right where we’ve got it wrong, if we can, and to explain why we can’t if we can’t. If we are unable to solve your problem informally, then we will make a record of your complaint. We’ll write to you within three working days and we’ll tell you who’s dealing with your complaint and when you can expect a response. This will usually be within a further fifteen working days i.e. within eighteen working days of us receiving the complaint.

If it isn’t possible to give a full reply in this timescale, for example if the complaint is complex, we will explain why and give a new timescale for the complaint to be dealt with. We will try to make sure that this is within a further 10 working days.

What if we agree we’ve got it wrong?

If we’ve got it wrong, we’ll admit to that and apologise. Even if we haven’t done something wrong according to our policy, we will always look at what you’ve told us to see if we need to change the way we do things for the future.

Is there anyone else I can complain to if I’m still not happy?

If you aren’t happy after your complaint has been dealt with formally, you can complain to the Public Service Ombudsman for Wales. They have a Complaints Advice Team who can offer advice on what to do next.

Contact: The Public Service Ombudsman for Wales

1 Ffordd yr Hen Gae, Pencoed, CF35 5LJ     Tel: 0300 790 0203   Email: ask@ombudsman-wales.org.uk

You can also visit : www.complaintswales.org.uk for more information.

Compliments suggestions

If you would like to compliment a member of staff/ team /service or have any suggestions on how we could improve our service then please forward these to info@derwencymru.co.uk

How we measure satisfaction with our services

We regularly ask tenants what they think about our services. Every three years we carry out a large tenants’ satisfaction survey by post or by visiting tenants at home, although we would like to do it in different ways and more frequently in future. We use the results to improve our services and to concentrate on issues important to you.

Download the Complaints Wales leaflet for more information – Complaints Wales

Feel free to share this page

Talk to us

For more information on this subject or on any other matter relating to Derwen Cymru, please contact us via telephone on 01633 261990. Alternatively you can use our online form or send us an email.