New Support Service for all Newport Derwen Residents
Floating Support Service
Floating Support is a flexible support service that provides housing related support to enable you to maintain and maximise your independence in your own home. This Free service will provide practical support, advice and assistance. This service was previously exclusive to our residents within the Sheltered Schemes, and we’re now pleased to say we are able to provide this service to all our residents within Newport.
We believe that everyone has the right to feel happy, safe and secure and have things to look forward to. We believe that you should be in control of making this happen, and we are here to help you along the way.
The aims of the service are:
- To prevent any problems with managing a home
- To improve a person’s independent living skills and confidence
- To increase community involvement
- To reduce homelessness/potential homelessness
- To reduce preventable admissions to hospital, residential and nursing care homes and to speed up discharges from hospital
Housing related support might include:
- Advice and support to claim benefits and manage debts
- Advice and assistance with budgeting and managing bills
- Help to deal with correspondence, forms and form filling
- Advice on issues such as aids and adaptations and safety and security
- Support to develop or re-learn daily living skills, such as cooking and cleaning
- Assistance to contact relatives and agencies such as doctors or social workers
- Support to access education, employment, voluntary work and training
- Assistance with managing accommodation or applying for more suitable accommodation
- Support to identify and participate in social, leisure and sport activities
- Sign-posting to other services and agencies
For further information or to request a referral form:
Contact the team on 01633 749023 or e-mail email@example.com
The floating support team takes referrals including self –referrals for people living in Derwen properties in Newport.