Welsh water discount schemes
Welsh water help their customers on low income to pay their bills and make your bills more affordable.
The household income for this has now increased from £12,500 to £15,000. Depending on your income you could save up to £250.
To apply you will need:
Your water account number
Personal details and employment of everyone who lives with you over the age of 16
To know how much you receive in come from wages, benefits, pensions and how often it’s paid you
The scheme is available to all household customers who have a meter fitted. It helps low income households who has a family member with a medical condition that requires the use of a significant amount of extra water. The WaterSure Wales charges are £139.00 for water and £200.00 for sewerage.
If you receive the following benefits:
- Income support
- Income related employment and support allowance
- Income based jobseeker allowance
- Pension credit
- Housing benefit
- Child tax credit (except families in receipt of family only element)
- Universal credit
- Desquamation (flaky skin disease)
- Weeping skin disease (eczema, psoriasis, varicose ulceration)
- Abdominal stoma
- Crohn’s disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Renal failure – requiring home dialysis (except where the health authority contributes to cost of the dialysis)
- Another medical condition which requires the use of a significant amount of extra water
How do I apply?
Rhian is able to complete an application form with Derwen residents, call us on 01633 261990. If you prefer you can contact Welsh water directly on 0800 052 0140 or visit www.dwr Cymru.com